Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 5-Cancun Trip 2010

Last day...our flight was early afternoon...so we got up and packed everything, ate breakfast and then headed to the airport.
Our flight was a little delayed, like 30 min or so...but our pilot got us to Boise 20 min. earlier than our original landing time...go figure!
I sat by a really cool guy on the first plane ride.
He was in Cancun doing some missionary volunteer work.
He talked to me a little while...but when he found out that we, okay...Brent, went diving...he just wanted to talk to Brent.
After awhile...Brent started to read his book...our neighbor, Steve, kept looking over.
Finally he said to me..."Would you tell him to put his book down, I want to talk to him more."
It was pretty funny.
So that made the flight go by pretty fast.
We made a quick stop in Denver where I called to check up on the kiddos and they were very excited to stay up and wait for us to get home.
On the way to Boise I got to sit by Heather and Drew, with Brent across the isle.
That wasn't too long of a flight...Heather got me to play Sudoku for the first time...pretty fun.
It was a beautiful view as we flew over Cancun
Goodbye PEACE AND QUIET!!!!
*************************************************

I wish I took some pictures of when we got back home...
But maybe I wasn't thinking about it cause I was too bummed out
BECAUSE MY BABY BOY WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH ME!!!
He was so mad at me, he wouldn't even look at me.
He was fine with Brent...he is used to him leaving...but me...he was MAD!!!
He would walk back and forth from Brent and Emily...and completely avoid me.
It broke my heart.
The next day he allowed me to hold and feed him...but still, he wouldn't smile at me and there wasn't any eye contact.
He is over it now...he is back to being Mama little boy...crazy kid!!!

Thanks again to Emily for being so AWESOME and taking my kids for 5 days!
You rock Em!
We love you!

1 comment:

Katie Call-Sommer said...

very pretty picture of cancun!