Saturday, May 27, 2017

Saturday May 27

We had such a  fun morning with the Young family at the Bubble Run!!!!
We started bright and early!
The race started at 8 a.m.
So we had to leave our house by 7 to get to the fairgrounds in enough time to figure out where we need to go and what we needed to do!
I stuck with Porter the whole time, because he wanted to run the whole thing.....it was a 5k.
Elsie and Dad stayed together and the big girls stuck with the Young family.
Port was an awesome running buddy, every time I thought about walking, I told myself I couldn't let an 8 year old beat me!
I might take him for some runs with me over the summer :)
There were 5 bubble stations and the first few were just great for Porter and I.
But when we went through the green station.....I totally ran into some people who had stopped in the middle, then the bubbles never seemed to end!
Once I popped out of the bubbles I couldn't see Porter!
Finally he came out and he was not happy!
Green was not our favorite!
But it is funny because everyone had different experiences in the different colors, depending on how many bubbles were pushed aside by the people in front of you....or not pushed aside.
I'm not gonna lie.....I got in a bit of a panic when the green never seemed to end and I needed to breathe.
If I would have been thinking straight I would have thought to turn backwards, or put my face in my shirt......but I was definitely feeling claustrophobic!
But we made it through safe and sound, Port and I together!
Just after we came out, Elsie and Dad popped out.
Dad had taken her thought some shortcuts so she wouldn't have to go the whole way :)
Plus, he said that with each station, she was having less and less fun......
But boy did she love that red bubble station, which was the 2nd station.
Heather got great pictures of that and they are so cute and will be added as soon as my phone will upload!!!!!
Heather got some great pictures of the rest of the crew.
They had a lot of fun together!
We had to ditch out of there pretty quickly because Cassi had a Princess Party to help at (one of her girls camp fundraiser items)
She was supposed to be there at 10 and we left the fairgrounds at 9:30!!!!!
Needless to say, she did not take a shower!
Ha ha ha....she was a very colorful Snow White!
Here at home, Porter played with Max and Graham.
I got water connected to my flower boxes.
Madi went to the Morgan's house to mow and weed.
Dad got irrigation and sprinklers moved and then he got all the oil changes done on all the cars and some maintenance work on some of them too.
This evening Dad and I went out again.
We wanted to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie yesterday, but it didn't work out.
So we went tonight.
Madi worked at the snow shack.
Cassi babysat Elsie and Porter once he came home with the boys.
He went to the putting green with them this afternoon :)
We had fun going out to eat and getting some Chinese food and then watching the movie.
It was entertaining....not my fave, but it was still a fun night :)
We are all so exhausted!!!!!
It was a fun filled day!























(Elsie wasn't very happy at this point....)

No comments: