Monday, September 14, 2015

Monday September 14

This week is Bully prevention week at the little ones school.
Today was "Hats off for Kindness!"
So they got to wear hats :)
Elsie was very excited about wearing her buffalo hat.
Best part.....we didn't have to do hair today!
When I got home I got to go running and only got sprinkled on a little bit.
We got some rain today and the temps were quite a bit cooler, which was nice!
Dad got stuff done outside in the yard and I got A LOT of laundry done!
I got my mountain sorted.
When you have the whole basement to use as a laundry room, you tend to use it ALL!!!!
So I got it all sorted and also got about 8 more loads of laundry done1
Who oh why do we have that much????
Why in the world!!!!!
I told them, when I had them put laundry away tonight, to get rid of anything that they don't wear of doesn't fit.
Hopefully we can narrow the amount down!
Anyway......
My point is, the whole day was pretty much used to do house work.
We will never finish the house if we are spending 3 hours cleaning the kitchen up every day!
Dad and I talked....we have not been making the kids do much of anything since school started.
I feel bad having them gone all day and then making them do a bunch of chores.
But we have decided that we have to have their help!
Or like I said....this house will never get finished!
So guess what we did for FHE tonight?????
We talked about working together and how we need to really work hard together on the house maintenance stuff so Dad and i can use our time while they are at school to actually finish stuff on the house!
It's my bad for giving them a break for so long........
But I am excited to get the chore chart back up and running :)
*****
After school, when I was picking up little ones and carpooling the XC kids.....
Madi helped Dad with picking weeds.
So many weeds!
See another thing to keep up on!
I keep telling Dad that we will make the yard a priority next year when we have more done on the house....
But he says that if we let the grass go now, we won't have any to save.
It will all be weeds.
And we are pretty darn close right now :(
Just another chore to add to the chart!
*****
Madi went to her powder puff football practice today.
They made her a receiver......she is pretty excited.
I think they play over homecoming weekend, which is in a couple weeks, I think.....



2 comments:

Young family said...

You typed Friday for your Monday post, at the heading... :) love that you blog everyday and we can keep up on what is going on in your amazing family!

Grandma Na said...

Madi is just getting so so grown up! Beautiful woman!