Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday April 28

Elsie bug woke up with a fever this morning.
Just a little one....but she kept sneezing lots of buggery sneezes.
So I kept her home.
Maybe the reason she was so rotten yesterday was just because she didn't feel good.
*****
My friends Stacia and Holly came by this morning.
They wanted to help me with whatever I needed help with :)
My plan for the day was to get to the staining point!
So, we sanded....and sanded and sanded!
So much prep work goes into getting the stain on!
I am so glad they came over to help, because I would probably need a whole other day to do the work we did together.
They left around the same time I went to get Porter.
After I got lunch for everyone, I made a run to Lowes.
I got some things I needed to get the staining done....and more stuff to finish prep stuff.
When I came home, Drew and Heather were there (with the new van they got :)
They came to finish up the front steps.
They look so great!
Elsie thought she was a lucky duck to get some one on one time with Heather :)
Heather helped me out with the taping of the stairs inside.
And finally, FINALLY, I started putting stain on.
It still made me super nervous when I started.
But I think it looks good.
I am a little nervous with how dark it is in the grain......but I also like it.
I started with the handrail up top.
Then I wanted to see what the landing would look like, because that is what the floors will look like.
Then I dripped on the next step....then the next :)
That is why those are stained.....
Whoops....
I hope to get it done tomorrow.
One step closer :)







2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Sorry Elsie is sick. :o( But she still got to have a fun day! Drew and Heather are great!

The stairs look amazing!! I like the stain color!!!

Grandma Na said...

What a beautiful job!! I am so excited to see it in person!!!!!!!!! You are truly amazing!