Saturday, April 25, 2015

Saturday April 25

Got a lot done today.
Most of the stuff I wanted to do, I guess.
I was really hoping for the kids to sleep in this morning......but Elsie was up at 6:30!!!!
Dang!
Lots of fighting this morning......
Too many late nights and waking up early......their sleep is all messed up :(
But then the kids decided to go outside and pick weeds and clean up trash.
That was their idea all on their own.
I got some stuff done inside.....mostly the dishes.
I also got more wood placed on the stairs landing.
I stopped once I needed to face nail them.
I didn't want to mess that up, so I waited until Dad wanted to get up and he could tell me what to do.
I also filled all the holes with putty so that I can paint and stain over it.
So Monday morning, I should be ready to go!
I went and got a couple samples stains to mix before I buy to big expensive stuff.
Hopefully I have found the right color!
*****
Then kids eventually came inside and worked on cleaning their rooms.
Madi felt a migraine coming on, so I told her to go and lay down.
Well, she did.
For 4 hours!!!!!
She woke up and wanted to mow the lawn, so she could feel like she got something done today :)
Vern came over with her mower to help Madi out.
So nice of her :)
Two mowers get the job done quick!
*****
Once Port cleaned his room, we had the boys over.
There are two more boys moving in just across a couple fields.
A boy in max and Port's class is building a house on the corner, and they are living with Grandma (Mrs. Linnea from school) while they build the house.
So I have a feeling there will be lots and lots of fun (and LOTS of trouble) from these 6 boys in the future years to come :)
*****
It was a rough day for dad.
He did get a lot of sleep.
But I don't like when he sleeps.
I don't like it cause I hear how he breathes, or doesn't breathe.
He stops so much.
I worry about him.
I know we need to get him tested for sleep apnea......
now just isn't the right time.
I put the pulse oximeter on him while he was sleeping.
His oxygen level was down at 76!
That's not good!
He laid down most of the day...but was anxious to get up in the afternoon.
That is when he helped me finish up the stairs landing.
It is good for him to be up and around, but he was hurting a lot today too.
Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
I just wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better for him.
It is so hard to watch him like this.






1 comment:

Young family said...

Great job on the landing Kim! We figured we would be doing that for you on Monday... It looks so good! Way to go! I also figured I would mow your lawn... so way to go Madi, beating us to it!