Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday August 13


Elsie has been a rock star lately!
Today I took her to Physical Therapy.
She usually does good for about 30 min.....but then something switches and she has a melt down.
We aren't sure what the trigger is......only it seems she just doesn't want to do the thing we are asking her to do.
Like she is afraid it might be too hard, so she just doesn't want to try.
Well, Today Katie had a great idea.
They sat down and wrote down a list of things they were going to do.
Each of them picking things to do.
Then after they finished one, Elsie would cross it off, and we would move to the next one.
It worked perfectly!
She knew what was expected ahead of time.
She was excited about crossing things off the list.
She was awesome!
I am so proud of her.
The last few f=weeks she has done a lot of help ease my mind and worries that go along when I think of Kindergarten.
It is happening so soon.
I try not to think about it, cause I may cause myself an ulcer.
But I do KNOW that she will do well.
I do know that she will love it!
I am very proud of her.
After PT we went shopping and bought her a backpack for school.
She got a bunch of clothes for her birthday and you only pay a supply fee for Kindergarten, so there wasn't much to do for Elsie's school shopping.
But she had a fun time picking out her cute purple backpack :)


*****


Porter has been so much fun today.
We had a lot of one-on-one time together.
He does so good that way.
He is always willing to help out.
Such a good boy.
He helped me unload groceries...clean and vacuum the car...he helped Dad spray weeds....Dad, he and I put a big tarp on our camper to cover it from the blazing sun.
And a lot more.
He is gonna love life when the girls go to school.....but I guess I need to beware of what may happen when those girls come home :)


2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Awesome job Elsie Rose!!! The checklist is a great idea!!!

Port is such a cute helper!! :o)

The Holdaway Family said...

What a great idea! I'm so proud of Elsie!!!