Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday July 23

It was a quick trip....but it was worth the drive.
We had a lot of fun.
This morning we got up, bright and early.
Port and Elsie were awake at 6:00.
I put a movie on my laptop, and they actually played really good together til about 8:00 when everyone else woke up....
But when I say played together, I did not say quietly.
I am not sure how everyone else was able to stay asleep...but there was no way for me to go back to sleep.
Oh well.
At least they weren't crying.


We had a yummy breakfast....and Port was a big helper.
Until after this point, then the tiredness started to kick in, and he was pretty grumpy for the day.
I put him in the trailer at about 9:00 or so.....tucked him in and let him relax for a bit while watching 'Polar Express'.


The dads helped put up a tent made out of tarps for the girlies.
They had a lot of fun in there....and were quiet for a very long time just doing their own thing.



******
And the boys had a little fun of their own.
Drew, I had to include these....you did ask for it :)


Actually Heather and I joined in on the ax throwing fun.
And we weren't too shabby ourselves.
Just no pictures to prove it.....but definitely in video :)


Nothing better then great family and friends hanging out with each other :)

We had such a fun trip.
It was short and sweet, but so good to get out.
We had the perfect spot....and all to ourselves.
Can't wait for the next trip!

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

What a great camping trip! Everyone is so happy :)

Young family said...

It was a lot of fun! I am so glad we went. It was such a great little place to camp. you got some great pictures. Drew and I can't stop laughing about the ax throwing! Love it!
When you get a chance will you email me a few of the family pictures you got of us....