Thursday, March 10, 2011

Long day...

I just wanna go a curl up in bed.
It has been one of those non-stop kind of days.
But the day is done, and a success...so I guess I should be happy about that!
We had our Relief Society Birthday Dinner tonight.
It was a great night.
Our theme was "My Sisters Hands".
For the center pieces I took photos of different sisters in the ward, doing different thing with their hands.
The pictures were only of their hands.
One was gardening, another knitting, some clay pottery, and a sister writing to her missionary son.
A lot of fun ones.
Then we played a guessing game, trying to figure out who the sisters were.
I think it turned out to be really fun.
Plus we had really yummy sweet pork dinner.
It was a great night, but like I said, lots of prep work to go into it.
The exhausted part comes cause Brent was working tonight.
But the kids went to the nursery, and they were pretty good in there.
But it got late, WAY past their bed time.
So I hope they sleep great tonight, cause I sure want to!!!
*************
I feel like I haven't said much about sweet Cassi lately.
We got report cards yesterday, and Cassi is sure rocking it at school!
And she is very well liked.
Her teacher always tells me that Cassi is the one who everyone wants to sit by and play with.
That makes me happy.
And she is an awesome reader!
She has had some of her little breakdowns lately.
She used to have what our pediatrician called 'spereation anxiety'.
That was then she started kindergarten.
She gets panicked and there is no talking her out of it.
It has been a long time since she has acted like that, but the other morning she had a COMPLETE meltdown when the bus was coming.
The morning went fine, and as she was heading out the door, I told her she should wear a coat.
I got it on her, and that's when she started saying she didn't feel good, and she didn't want to go to school.
Then she started crying, but the kind of cry that you know there is no getting through.
Then the bus came by....we told her to run....
I am sure she woke up anyone who wasn't awake yet.
Finally we waved the bus to go, and Brent took her to school, after she went up to her room and calmed down.
It was the craziest thing.
I wondered if maybe it was cause of the coat, maybe someone made fun of it....and she didn't want to wear it.
But she said no.
She doesn't know why she broke down.
Anyway...I came up with my own little theory.
In the mornings, Cassi is a hard one to keep on task.
She just wants to do her own thing.
So I decided to make a check list for her.
That way when she gets one thing done, she knows what needs to be done next.
It has been working pretty nicely for the last couple days.
So maybe me getting after her so many times in the mornings was just to much for her...and she finally broke down.
Now I just ask her what is next on her chart.
I hope it keeps working good.
 I sure love sweet Cass.
She is so fun and lively!!!

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, sweet Cassi! That picture of her is priceless.

That morning chart is a great idea Kim!

Books = Possibilities said...

Oh, I like the chart idea! I think it'll work. She'll feel like she has a little more control over her morning, and it gives you a breather, too! Let us know how it works!

That Cassi has some amazing, captivating eyes!

Megan said...

oh cassi girl your so pretty! We just love you!