Thursday, August 12, 2010

Big thanks!!!

Drew and Heather came to my rescue today...
Brent was at work, so I didn't know what I was gonna do with my tree.
Drew and us girls carefully and slowly propped it back up...
Heather and I started to pick peaches and we were picking the ones that had fallen on the ground, when all of the sudden, that dang tree fell on the two of us!
Drew was in the garage trying to find a rope of some kind when we started yelling for him.
Once he knew we were okay, he wanted to know where my camera was...
Now I am kinda wishing I had told him where it was!!!
Anyway...we propped it back up...and anchored it really good...
We picked all the ripe peaches, and a few that were close to being ready.
I hope the others can ripen some more in the next couple of days.
I still have hope for my beloved little peach tree...

So now here I was...stuck with a million BEAUTIFUL peaches!!!

But Heather was so sweet to offer me her expertise and her services...
So we got together tonight and bottled some peaches.
I hope to get some jam made and to bottle a lot more.
And I will freeze a bunch for smoothies too.
Thanks Heather...it was a really fun night!

2 comments:

MegJill said...

That's so sad about your tree! Your peaches do look so perfect.

Young family said...

It as really fun to just visit and make a mess last night! I hope the bottles we got done all sealed!