Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 4- Cancun Trip 2010

This day was January 14...our 10 Year anniversary date.
We decided to just take things easy...
We woke up and went down to the dock on the lagoon side of the island and got some paddle boats and took a little ride around the lagoon.
Can't you just tell how completely in love with me he is???
Happy 10 year!
Heather and Drew
After the paddle boats we decided to get on the bus...we gave them the right amount this time...(even though it SHOULD have been free, right?)
And we headed downtown to the markets.
Oh my goodness!
It was so much fun!
I wish I took more shots of the markets and the people.
These guys weren't just salesman...
They were comedians...I mean we got a show at every booth!
They were so funny!
This guy was quite the salesman...
We had fun going back and forth with prices...
Drew and Heather got one of these fun sitting hammocks...their girls are loving it!
Again, I wish I had more from the shops...
But I wanted to remember one of the guys.
When we were leaving we only had 2o pesos left, but we had some American dollars too...and I was looking for one more thing specifically for my sister...
Just joking I would go to shops and offer my 20 pesos for something grand...20 pesos would just over a dollar...some thought it was funny...others wanted me out right away.
Finally the last shop as we were leaving I walked up and started looking at some bags they were selling.
I offered my 20 pesos he laughed and offered me some of his grocery bags for that...so we walked away...but I didn't want to go...I liked the bags...
So I started looking through them and tried to find out a price...
But he started asking where we were from...we said Idaho...
He then said "ME TOO!"
We laughed then again tired to find out prices...talking pesos and he said "Oh I don't speak Spanish!"
So we started making offers in dollars...starting low, of course...
Well, he didn't like those offers cause right away he looked at us crazy and said " No hablo English!"
Again we laughed...he was a crack up!
We ended up coming up with a deal on the bag...and we got a pretty good show for it too!
Like I said...they were all so funny!!!
I got dresses for my girls...and a cool shirt for Porter...and the girls each got bracelets...and I got a matching one too.
And the ONLY thing that Madi and Cassi asked for was a conk shell...so we got two of those in the markets too.
Riding back to the Hotel in the bus...
Another funny story.
Half way home we stopped at Aquaworld to pick up our free scuba diving picture and maybe get more...
The lady who helped us told us we needed a ticket...she wasn't there the day we went there and apparently didn't believe we should get a free one.
Our photographer was on another dive...but luckily his friend who he told out $30 bus ride story too was there.
He remembered us ALL TOO WELL!
See, so it turned out good...he gave us our free picture...too bad he made us pay for the CD...
Back at the Hotel we wanted to hang out on the beach.
Even though the weather wasn't great...it was good enough to hang out.
Heather and I
The boys got one of the guys on the beach to rent them some boogie boards pretty cheap and the boys had fun playing in the waves for a while.
And we had fun watching them...until we fell asleep.
Later they said that they kept looking over at us, thinking we were so impressed by their boogie boarding abilities...when really we were just catching some zzzzz's!
So they came over to dry off, and realized we were sleeping and using all the towels...
They said they went to go dry off...
All I know is that we woke up and didn't see our hubby's in the ocean...but we did find them on the volleyball court...
PLAYING WITH BIKINI GIRLS!!!
Seriously!!!
Okay, there were only a couple girls...
But Heather and I jumped in and we played until it was too dark to see anymore.
It was lots of fun!
Heather rocked it...and if we didn't have a bunch of ball hog guys on our team...not our boys, of course...then we would have racked up the points with her!

We ended the night with another show...but I think we skipped the hot tubbing this night...we were TIRED!

*************************************************

In the past years I have figured out that I have the WORST memory! This is why I want to really document all the stuff we did! We enjoyed ourselves so much on this trip...and I don't want to forget all the funny little things that happened...so I hope you don;t mind all the blogging about it...one last day and the trip is over...then back to my everyday boring blogging!

3 comments:

Cami said...

I don't think these blogs are boring! They are just all making me jealous! I love how it looks like you just had a personal photographer follow you guys around! I love all the stories too and you need to take a picture of the dresses and Porters shirt!! :)

Nancy said...

I love shopping in Mexico. It is a riot!

The Holdaway Family said...

Sound like a great day! Happy Anniversary!