Friday, November 13, 2009

257.305

I LOVE this chair!
And so does Elsie.
I saw this chair at Goodwill not too long ago.
I loved it and I wanted it...but I did not want to pay $30 for it!
I thought for sure it would be bought by some lucky person ASAP.
The next week I went into goodwill and it was still there!
And guess what...it was half off!
$15
YAY!!!
So I got it and brought it home.
It sits in Elsie and Cassi's room.
Once I paint the room and get it how I want, this Pink and Gold chair will fit perfectly!
It has made story time at night much more comfy for me.
It has also allowed Elsie to get in and out of bed.
Up until now, she just stayed in bed, or waited to be put in bed.
Now she has learned to climb into the chair and get in bed, or the opposite way too.
So here is our new daily routine.
After school Elsie has lunch.
Then we go up to bed, where she used to take a nap.
Now she enjoys her quite time playing with her kitchen and being "Mom" to her babies.
She loves this alone, quiet time.
And I think she needs it.
She gets so much interaction and stimulation at school, I think it is nice for her to take the time to calm down.
So thanks to this chair she is able to get down and continue to use her imagination but also get some quiet time.
But, like you see in the picture...sometimes she still needs the sleep...and she doesn't always quite make it out of the chair....

4 comments:

Cami said...

Aw! She looks so cozy!

Books = Possibilities said...

That is a great chair...and for such a steal!

Young family said...

This picture makes me want a big chair like that in my room, so I can snuggle in it for a nap... Elsie is so sweet!

The Holdaway Family said...

What a perfect chair!