Sunday, November 23, 2008

Porter B.

Again...can I even tell you enough how much this little guy has wormed his way into our hearts!
I thought I would write a little bit about how he made it here.
We got to the hospital right at 6:00.
They started the PIT and broke my water by 7:00.
I was still only dilated to a 2 at that point.
At 9:00 I was at a 4.
Dr. predicted he would be born by 10:00.
At 9:45 they checked me again, I was still a 4! Uhhggg!!!
So, we just had to wait.
I got an epidural. Yay!
They checked me again at 10:30, I was a 9...finally baby time.
They called the Dr. in and we started pushing.
Well, Porter was posterior, face up, which meant the pushing wasn't doing any good.
They brought out the suction so they could turn and pull him at the same time.
His head finally came out, but the cord was wound very tightly around his neck.
So tight the Dr. had to cut the cord before Porter could come out any further.
He came out not breathing. Didn't breathe for about a minute and a half.
The nurses had called the NICU to come and take him.
I saw him for only a second and they took him away.
Brent got to go with him.
We were so worried.
We had to deal with the NICU with Madi, and didn't want complications like that again.
Brent came back and said they were just working with him to get him to breathe the way they wanted him to.
We sat and worried.
For almost 2 hours we didn't see him.
Finally we found out he was sent to the baby nursery.
So we went to visit him.
His poor little head, not only did he have the cone-head that all my babies get, but his head was so bruised and mushy from the suction...poor guy. If you accidentally touched it he would wail. I am sure he had a major headache too!
They didn't have a room ready for me, so I just sat in the nursery and held my brand new beautiful baby boy.
He is so perfect.
I was in love instantly.
The girls came to visit a little while later.
We are all in love with this little guy.
Oh, and did I mention how proud Brent is.
It is so amazing to have this little man in our family.
He fits perfectly here.

15 comments:

The Stevensons said...

I know exactly how you felt. When Tay was born, she was blue and not breathing/crying. She flat lined 3 times, so they brought her back 3 times... lots of CPR. She was born at 6:51pm and we finally got word that she was stabilized at 10:00pm. I got to go into the NICU and see her at 11:30pm. Three days later I got to hold her for the first time while they changed her sheets in the NICU. On the 4th day she was out of NICU and on the 5th day we brought her home. YIKES! That is a feeling vowed never to have again! Glad to see everything worked out so well for you.

Chantri said...

He is so sweet and precious. I am glad he is doing well. It sounds like labor when okay but a little scary on the birth end. When Boston was born she came out a little blue and wasn't really crying but rather a faint wail...the nurses we could tell were worried. It's such a happy (that they are finally born) yet stressful moment.
I love the name you chose! Porter seems to suit him perfectly. He's a handsome little guy. Congrats you guys!

michelle said...

So now you know for sure he was totally ment to be in your sweet family! I am so glad he is healthy and everything turned out good. Child birth is always so SCARY!!! I love the pictures , Kim seriously he is a beautiful baby.!!! some babies aren't cute for a while, But he is so CUTE!!! your making me baby hungry all you new mommies! Hope you are feeling well yourself. I bet your girls eat him up! Congrats agian!!

skcoe said...

Ooh, born with a migraine? Poor thing! He is just the sweetest thing and I'm glad that you are both back home safely. I'm sure your girls are going to mother him to death! :)

Sara said...

What a sweet little guy!! He is already soooo loved! We are so glad that everything turned out well!

The Holdaway Family said...

He is just the cutest little man! I am glad that he is doing good and I can't wait to see more pictures of him!

Cami said...

Wow! That would be scary! So glad he is doing much better! I can't wait to see more pics!

Staci said...

He is simply adorable. I am so excited to see more pictures of him with you girls. Hope you are doing well!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Congrats! So glad he is here safely. He is sure a cutie! I love that he is already a BSU fan! Welcome baby Porter! You are lucky you sure have a great family!

Ed and Ivy said...

Congratulations on this long awaited blessing! He is a very lucky little guy to have such a loving family.

Malisa said...

Scary! Glad he is home and healthy now. What a blessing to have a sweet little guy. He is so precious!

Seth Ollerton said...

Wow, what a story. That makes me nervous now that I know what it's like to go through the baby birthing thing. Anyway, you have a handsome little guy and a major congrats on finally getting a boy.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Yay! Congratulations...finally! I am glad that everything turned out to be alright, that scary feeling can consume you. He is beautiful! Oh, and another "Yay" for your hubby!

Annie said...

We had so many complications when our little guy was born too! It is so hard and scary. I am glad he is ok! He is absolutely a beautiful little boy! Congratulations!!!

All about the Snow's said...

Waht a scary begining! I am glad everything turned out well. He is so adorable! Which is no great surprise since all of your kids are so stinkin cute. Boys are so fun! Congrats!