Sunday, September 09, 2007

My Annie!

So Elsie and I just got back from a little trip to Minnesota. My really great friend Annie moved out there with her little family over a month ago. We, Annie's husband and I, made plans to surprise her. She thought she had an idea, but after many, MANY lies and scheming, I think we pulled it off...she was very surprised to see me walk in her house.
So sorry to all of you who didn't know her, this might be a long and boring blog for you. But Annie was loved by many people and I thought I would share the time I spent with her, with all of you!
The pictures are completely out of order...so I will just explain what we are doing in the pictures...

This is in the plane on the way home to Idaho. We had all three seats to ourselves, which worked out really well. Elsie was such a good little baby! It is funny to me when people see you get on a plane with a baby, they almost give you the evil eye...I don't blame them, a 3 hour plane ride would be really long if there was a crying baby! But then when we off load the plane every one is talking to her and I, saying what a good baby she is, that she seems so happy...people are so funny!
This is when the extra seats came in handy!
Happy baby, just up from her nap.
Reading books. She felt so big sitting in her own chair with her own buckle.
Oh, did I say she was a good baby yet???
This is where things get out of order...this picture was taken at about 3:00 in the morning the night before I flew home. I know to many of you refinishing a piano is not what you would choose to do when you fly out to visit a friend, but I can't think of anything more fun and bonding than doing a project together. Annie and I did a lot of things like this together when she lived by me, so it just seemed natural for us to be doing the things we used to do together...and plus...you can't go shopping with 4 little kids! I guess you can, but I don't think that would be very fun!
We did actually take a trip to home depot and Target...I got to see a lot of the city because while we were having some girl talk...we got lost. So it took us a long time to get where we wanted to...but like I said, I got to see the sights!
We forgot to take a 'before' picture, but we found this snap shot with it in the background...see, not so pretty!
This is at 4:13 in the morning....we tried to pull an all-nighter...but it was about this point we kinda started to get a little delirious...we thought maybe a couple hours would be better than none!
Our finished project.




And of course we went running. And Annie reminds me again how out of shape I am without her there to push me!
It is so pretty there..the lakes, the farms...it was so pretty...so no more complaining Annie...I have seen it now...it is beautiful...and as for you saying it is covered in mosquitoes...I didn't get one bite!
At the park before we went running.
After running it was back to work on the piano.
And yes, chocolate was involved.
Taking a break from the piano, we dyed Annie's hair while watching a movie.
This was at about 4:30 in the morning, right before we gave up and went to sleep.
This is on the plane on our way to Minnesota.
I just loved this picture.
I told you they were out of order...This is the beginnings of working on the piano.
Thanks Annie and Scott of putting Elsie and me up for a few days. I had a blast...I miss you Annie, but your house is beautiful, the area is gorgeous, your family is great, your husband loves you...be happy and we will see you again!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, Kim, Kim We MISS you! IT was so fun to have you here. I am resisting the urge to be depressed, since you left, and instead I am feeling happy I have such a great friend. I hope we always stay close no matter where life takes us. The kids miss you too. PS. I will do the blog of your trip soon, but scott says my posts are boring so he wants to help.

Kim said...

Your posts aren't boring!!! But I can't wait to see what you post! I miss you too...I am so glad I could come!

Sara said...

Kim! You are so awesome! I seriously got all teary eyed when I read yours and Annie's blogs. You are such a good friend! I am proud to call you my sister!

skcoe said...

HEY! I have projects too! (hint, hint...)

You're a great friend, you two are so cute!!

Kim said...

I will be in Utah for a few days in the beginning of Oct...I will have to give you a call Sheryl!